Sunday, March 8, 2009

Zach turns 7!



We had a party for Zach on Saturday and he had a lot of fun! I can't believe that he is already 7! He wanted a sports theme party and invited some friends from school. I was ready for him to throw some type of fit during the party...you know, not wanting to share his new toys or something...but I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't throw one at all! He was in a great mood the whole time and even let his friends put together his new toys and play with them! I was relieved! Aiden, our neighbor, even stayed after the party was over because they were all playing so nicely!

I loved having a low key, old school party..you know, pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs, goodie bags. There is no need to spend hundreds of dollars on a birthday party people! When we lived in Arizona it was crazy, people would spend so much on their kids parties! Bree's one friend took about 15 kids to Build A Bear! It was fun for Bree of course, but then I felt tremendous pressure to keep up with the Jones'!

Last night I went out to dinner with some work friends and it was so much fun. I love a good Girls Night Out! I told my mom the other day that I love my job mainly because I have made new friends. Anyway, they all wanted sushi, which I tried and did like one roll and loved the Tempora. But, I didn't eat all that much. We still wanted to hang out a bit more and someone suggested Village Inn because it wouldn't be crowded. Now we're talkin'! If anyone knows me, I love places like that. So they all got some dessert and there I was chowin' down on an omelet and pancakes!!! Such a fun night, thanks girls!

1 comment:

Giron Family said...

It was a fun nite! We need to do it again soon. And I agree, the main reason I love my job is because it's helped me make good friends like you!
That was so funny when you ordered a meal at Village Inn! And you ate it ALL! That's great. Where the heck do you put all that food??
I also agree with the old school birthday parties. I'm one that totally gets carried away and spends way too much money and time on it and then it ends up being way too stressful and not fun what so ever. I've decided IF I ever do b-day parties again they will be low key like Zach's.
Hope you aren't too sore from Body Pump and hopefully I'll see you there on Mon!