Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day




Or as my boys call it, "Valentimes Day" The kids all had fun at their parties and spent about 2 hours after school eating candy and going through their Valentines. I spent a good part of the day on Thursday searching for a clear balloon for Bree's bubble gum machine Valentines box...Harder to find than I thought! Anyway, we spent a lot of time on her box (thanks for the idea Sunny) and I was feeling pretty good about myself and was feeling pretty crafty. I thought Bree had a good chance at winning the contest at school. Well, she didn't win, she was up against a light house box, popcorn machine box, and a Sponge Bob box. Are you kidding? What is up with all of the over achieving moms out there? Can't they give it a rest for just one holiday and let the rest of us feel adequate for once? Why can't we just decorate a shoe box like in the good ol' days?? Anywho- Steve surprised me with beautiful flowers and cute sweats! When the kids got home, Zach took candy from his loot and made us all a Valentine that went something like this, TO MOM I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL VALINTIMES DAY AND I AM HAPPY YOUR MY MOM and he taped a tootsie roll to the paper...How precious is that!? I am treasuring these times while they still like me, I know the day will come too soon that they are embarrassed by me! :)

3 comments:

KJlovesBubba said...

Too cute, your kids are adorable. And that bubblegum machine box is so cool! Way to go you and Bree, even if it didn't win - Sponge Bob, I don't like SB (what a waste).

Giron Family said...

Okay, Bree's box is SOOO SOO cool. How the heck did you do that? I can't believe it didn't win! Man.
Okay, now you have to come up with some cool crafts like that for the daycare! lol.

Melissa said...

you are so creative. I need some of your talent. :)