Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catch up

We woke up to a little layer of snow this morning! So naturally, to Steve's disapproval, I listened to Christmas songs while I made breakfast! :) I can't believe it's so cold here and Maggie said she took her kids swimming last week in Arizona!
The kids have been off track, but it has been a lot different this time because I work. It seems like we have been very busy going to work together and keeping up with our usual schedule. Ryan still has preschool, Bree still has dance, and Zach still has soccer practices and games. Which is good, I'd rather be busy than not. At Zach's game on Saturday it was so dang cold and it started snowing! It was so funny because the kids weren't even paying attention to the game, they were just so excited that it was snowing. It took a 20 minute shower to thaw me out after!
A few weeks ago, Zach and Ryan had so much fun at a golfing/hunting party that G. Holmes planned. They spent the first half of the day golfing and playing mini golf at Mulligans. Then they went to the park to play and eat lunch. After that they went and shot clay pigeons! By the time I picked them up they were absolutely exhausted! I have to admit that I really missed them being gone all day like that. I'm a little used to that with Zach, but I'm never away from Ryan for more than 3-5 hours. I missed my little buddy!
We had our traditional Conference breakfast up at Pat and Jenn's on Conference Sunday. Complete with Jenn's sticky buns and homemade coffee cake, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, and more! It's always fun to visit with everyone and watch the first session of conference together.
The other night I had to get CPR certified for work. I went with my friend, Jenny, from work and we had some good laughs practicing on our dummies! It was good to be taught CPR, but I hope I never have to do it! It would be so scary!

4 comments:

Jana said...

That is crazy that you had snow! We didnt' even get a single drop of rain. I pulled up almost my entire garden because I thought it would get covered in snow. ONe day I will figure it out. :) We need to get together again!!

rachel thurston said...

when I had to get certified for CPR, I wanted to save everyone's life. I would pass a car accident and fantasize about pulling over and showing "my stuff". funny. glad I never had to.

hope work is going well. you sound so busy!! lets talk soon. love you.

Brooke said...

Gotta love Utah weather!

I love your conference breakfast tradition - you're so lucky to live by family. I didn't realize your mom was living in TX!

How great to be CPR certified, but hopefully you won't have to use it:)

geislers said...

Hey mel, tagged you! go to my blog and see what you have to do. LOL!!