Monday, November 17, 2008

Beautiful Day!


It was such a nice day on Sunday that we decided to go visit my dad's grave before a foot of snow is covering the ground. We spent time talking about my dad and how much we missed him. When we were walking away, Steve reminded my dad that BYU and UTAH were playing this week, my dad LOVED football! It made me sad though when he said that because my dad would get so excited to sit and watch football games. He would go to the store and buy all sorts of junk food -chips, bean dip, cheese dip, etc. Fun memories! As usual, my kids said, "Bye Grandpa!" when we were leaving and it made me so sad. He is so missed! I can't believe almost 7 months have already gone by.

5 comments:

amelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amelia said...

I deleted my first comment because I never know exactly what to say. But, I didn't know your Dad passed away. I am so sorry to hear that. How are you?

Jana said...

How nice that you are able to visit his grave often and also that you have such great memories of him!!

Laura said...

I'm so jealous you got to go see him, I wish we could go whenever we wanted to. Hopefully soon! Even if there is snow on the ground it won't keep me from going! I really miss Dad!

Brooke said...

I am so sorry for your loss Melody. I should have read this post before we went out to lunch on Wed. so I would have had a clue, huh! I remember your dad as such a loving man.

It was so fun to see you and catch up -thanks for making it happen!