Thursday, November 13, 2008

When I had all three kids at home when they were babies I thought my life was super busy, and it was. I thought that when my kids started school, life would calm down a bit and I wouldn't be as busy...Wrong! When people ask me what I did that day, it's usually nothing big, but a lot of the little stuff that really does take all day long. For example...Laundry, fold clothes, hang up clothes, make beds, clean, straighten, fluff couch, shower and get ready, take kids to school, take Bree to dance, empty dish washer, fill dish washer, take dog out, go to store, run errands, make dinner, clean up dinner, go to work, get kids showered and ready for bed, etc. By the time I sit down at night to watch some t.v. with Steve, I'm exhausted! And when Steve asks, "What did you do today?" I usually say, "I don't remember." Or...I name all the above!
So, I guess my idea of life getting easier is out the window and life is getting busier and the kids are getting more expensive! With all that being said, I am enjoying a few hours by myself while all 3 kids are in school and it's great. I need to finish the 4th book in the Twilight series before the movie comes out! I hope all you moms out there have a great day and believe me, I know how you feel!

5 comments:

Chelsa said...

I so agree with you! Beau will ask me what I did all day and it usually consists of exactly what you named. Not super fun, but I guess it comes with being a mom. I'm going to add you to my blog address so I can check in on you more. Hope that is okay.

geislers said...

I know exactly how you feel! Some days i truly can say that i didn't really do anything. that is rare! There is always something to be done. I am tired by noon! Whatever! such is life right.

jg said...

Oh, I know how you feel!
I keep thinking when Madi is in Kindergarten maybe life will slow down a little. Guess not. Such is life :).

Giron Family said...

Sorry the above was from me, Kinder!

KJlovesBubba said...

I love it! I often forget EVERYTHING that gets done around here in a day. I sometimes feel that Bubba thinks I sit around and watch TV all day. It's tough to run a household, be a wife and mom and for those who work too, crazy busy! You know that only a woman could keep it ALL together though, we are a special and priceless breed!