Sunday, December 28, 2008

Santa came to our house!




We had a great Christmas weekend. The snow made it all the more exciting and festive! I love being all warm inside the house with it snowing like crazy outside! We had so much fun on Christmas eve sledding, playing Christmas bingo, keeping tabs on Santa via the internet, reading the Christmas story and opening up jammies! When we went outside to leave a snack for the reindeer, Zach even thought he saw Rudolf's red nose blinking in the sky! He was freaking out..So excited!! Santa came and the kids had a great time opening up their gifts. Steve and I enjoyed watching them! Zach gets the prize for making you feel the best about gifts. He shouts, "Yes! Just what I asked for!" Bree was more quiet this year, she would just smile nicely and say thank you...not very exciting. Ryan would either shout, "Thank you Santa!" or toss the gift aside and look for another one. We made our 3rd turkey dinner in one month and chowed down on lots of candy. Each of the kids got their own pack of orange sticks and because I was down stairs most of the day, I didn't really monitor their candy intake like I usually do.....I went upstairs later that night and found 2 empty orange stick boxes! Are you kidding me!!!? Needless to say, they had to surrender their candy to me and now they are under strict candy supervision. They are obviously not old enough to know when to stop. Zach told me that night that he had a tummy ache...Duh!! Really?
I hope all of my family and friends had a great holiday!

3 comments:

geislers said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Gotta love it when they really appreciate the gifts! It doesn't last.

Laura said...

It was great for us too! ;) Give your family loves!

Katie said...

Hey! Your kids are darling... Looks like you had a fun Christmas! I loved reading about your kids reactions.. So cute! Call me so we can go to lunch.