Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ice Skating






I took the kids ice skating today and it was really fun for Bree, but not so much for the boys. I had to rent the skates the day before and when I got there today, Ryan's were too small and the rental place was closed. Zach said his feet hurt and he just didn't seem to enjoy it at all. Bree got the hang of it pretty quick and even tried a few tricks. It was pretty fun just to be out and try a new winter activity. The best part for me? FREE. F.Y.I...there was a lady there that had hit her head and was bleeding. I think she was headed to the hospital for stiches. And...a little boy fell and bonked his head really good right before my eyes. Dangerous little past time I found. Luckily, we didn't get any injuries...I was so nervous. I tried to make it up to the boys by taking them to McDonalds for an icecream. It worked. :) Yesterday we tried to go to a jumpy land in Draper and it was out of business....Once again, I felt bad, so we ended up at Chuck E Cheese somehow. I can't quite put my finger on it, but that place makes my chest tight. I though we all might leave with head lice or something. Anyway, the kids said it was a great day, and that's what I was going for.

3 comments:

geislers said...

Sounds Like you had a couple great days! You are such a great mom!

Laura said...

I'm sorry the boys didn't like it, I know how excited you were to take them! At least you found out how dangerous is can be without getting hurt.

Don't Hit Bikes said...

I can't remember the last time I went to Chuck e cheese, but I know my kids would love it. I agree with Kinder you are a great mom - way to go.