Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Losing your 1st tooth is so exciting!

Zach lost his 1st tooth! It had only been wiggly for a few days and I think it was driving him nuts. We have had many bad experiences with Bree and her loose teeth, so I wasn't too thrilled to go through it again. With Bree, you would simply ask to feel how wiggly it was and she would burst into tears and start screaming...Leave me alone! WOW. At one point, her front tooth was literally hanging on by a thread and it would poke out when she would talk and smile. We told her everything like...I hope you don't swallow it Bree...To...Steve offering to buy her an ipod. (Aren't we such great parents?) Anyway, to our surprise and delight, Zach was the absolute opposite! He didn't shed a single tear. He would welcome one and all to wiggle his tooth! He even came down one night and asked Steve to PLEASE try to pull it out. I didn't think it was ready, but after about 5 minutes of Steve working on it...Out it came! Zach gave a big grin and I shrieked in excitement because he was so excited and there was ZERO drama! I love you Zach, you are my tough little boy! Needless to say, he has bragging rights now and loves to remind Bree that she is a big sissy. :) My camera is full, so I will post his new cute smile soon!

3 comments:

geislers said...

Yea Zach! Thats awesome! We are hoping Gabe will not have to get any more pulled!

Alisha Joy said...

Boys!! River was the same way. If there is even a hint of a wiggle, he begs everyone he sees to yank it out. Jed can't do it (he's squeemish), but I have yanked out a couple now. We even did the door nob thing. Boys are tough, that's for sure!!

Laura said...

Congratulations Zach! I hope the Tooth Fairy left you something special! We haven't had a visit from her for awhile!