Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Twas the week after Christmas

"Twas the week after Christmas and all through the
> house
> Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
> On cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
> Now the holiday parties have gone to my waist.
>
> I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared,
> The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared...
> The wine and the rumballs, the bread and the cheese
> And the way I'd never said, "No thank you,
> please".
>
> As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
> And prepared once again to battle the dirt...
> I said to myself, as only I can
> "You can't spend the winter dressed like a
> man"!
>
> So, away with the last of the sour cream dip,
> Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip,
> Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
> "Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
>
> I won't have a cookie, not even a lick,
> I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
> I won't have hot biscuits or cornbread or pie,
> I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
>
> I'm hungry, I'm lonesome and life is a bore,
> I wonder, is *that* what January's for?
> I'm unable to giggle, I'm no longer a riot
> But Happy New Year to all and to All a Good Diet.
>
> Our Best Wishes to *Everyone* in 2009

4 comments:

Don't Hit Bikes said...

Love it. Although, I am pretty sure I will never enjoy nibbling on a carrot. I will take the cookie, thanks.

krisha said...

You are so creative. How long did it take you? It was awesome! Ethan asked me why zacks mommy wasn't in sunbeams. I had to explain that you had to stay in nursery:)

Melody said...

Krisha, I wish I was that creative, but I didn't write the poem. I just got it in an e-mail from a friend and thought it was so funny, so I posted it!

geislers said...

Seriously Hilarious! I so feel that way! Hope you son't mind if I steal that! Funny!