Monday, August 4, 2008

August 1-3, 2008

Steve had a small concrete job that he did for a neighbor on Friday morning, so Ryan and I stopped by to see him. Ryan loved seeing how the concrete came out of the big truck! Then I ran a bunch of errands with my big helper! On Saturday, Steve woke up at 5:00 a.m. to go boating with his brother and Dad. Steve woke up Zach to go with him. Zach got up on the wake board! He was so nervous last year to do the ski trainer, so I didn't see wake boarding in his near future! When Bree and Ryan found out that Zach got to go they freaked. It is so hard to take everyone everywhere you go and we are trying to make it all fair, but the kids are always getting upset and saying that it isn't fair...any suggestions?
Anyway, when they got home, Zach fell asleep while I was getting ready and Steve headed off for more fun at the golf course with his dad and brothers. He hasn't golfed with his brothers forever, so I was happy that he got to go. Don't worry about me and the kids, we know how to have fun too! We went bowling and ate lunch at the bowling alley. The kids like to eat there on the high stools probably just as much as they like to bowl! Then we went over to the mall because I needed a pair of pants hemmed. I told the kids that if they were good, we could stay and shop. They were very good, so we went in a few stores. I am trying to decide what colors to wear for our family pictures on Thursday, so I was looking around for that too. Bree got some cute shoes at Payless (love that store!) and the boys got some Lightening McQueen slippers.
We had our niece babysit Saturday night and I met Steve, Jake and Liz, and Courtney and Jared at Ruby River for dinner. Then we went to see The Dark Knight, I think everyone liked it except for me! I don't like really dark movies, I like it when the sun comes out the next day and it never did in the movie! Steve now wants to be Batman...oh boy! After the movie we went to Red Mango....YUMMY! It was so dang good! It's my new fav and Liz was saying that they are going to build one out my way!
Sunday was nice again because Steve was home. Same old story with Ryan...wouldn't go to Sunbeams. I brought some air freshener to nursery, so that made my day more pleasant! My friend in nursery and I never want to figure out who has the stinky diaper....It is the worst part of my job in nursery, so we try to take turns. Gross!
After church, we ate lunch, cleaned up, and I went upstairs for a nap! I'm not sure what anyone else was doing because I was asleep! I usually come home from church with a major headache, so I usually take some Ibuprofen and go take a nap! The kids watched SpyKids the other day, so now they play "spies" or "wipeout" with little obstacle courses! I love to see them play together. We went up to Steve's parents for a visit which is always fun. Then home for dinner, showers, and BEDTIME!

1 comment:

krisha said...

Next time you go bowling let me know. Isn't nap time the best time of the day!