Thursday, August 7, 2008

August 7, 2008

I have been busy putting together some small shelves in the garage for shoes. 5 people in this house times at least 5 pairs of shoes each, and that's just the shoes we keep in the garage!...You do the math! I love to organize, so if any of you are cleaning out a closet...call me! I made a yummy pasta salad on Monday and Steve and I loved it, but the kids didn't. Shocker :) Zach couldn't get past the fact that the noodles were cold instead of hot and Ryan and Bree just pushed it around wondering why there were grapes in it! Picky eaters. It is hard to please everyone. My kids are seriously happy when I make PB & J's or Ramen!
Bree has started up dance and I have found someone to car pool with! Yeah! It makes it so much easier! So I drive on Monday's and the other mom drives on Wednesday's. This makes it easier for me to schedule which nights I can work too.
School is going great for Bree and Zach, I just can't believe how different our nights are now. When my kids were all little, I would have them in bed by 7:00! Now they are not in bed until 9:00 or later!!! My quiet nights with Steve are over! B and Zach are so hard to wake up in the morning, Steve calls them "Logger Heads" Where Steve comes up with all the nick names is beyond me!
The boys got into SO much trouble last night...They wanted to take a bath, which I normally do not let them do because they are so rowdy together, but it had been a while and I thought I'd give them another chance. I got them all washed and said they could play for a little bit. About 10 minutes later, I hear them acting up and laughing...Not a good combo. I go up there and they were sliding down the back of the tub like a water slide and water was everywhere. I was so angry and they knew it! Note to self: Do not let boys bathe together anymore!!!
We have our 1st professional family pictures being taken later today, I am dreading it, but excited for the outcome.

2 comments:

amelia said...

Hey! I'm so glad you found my blog! I'm so glad I found yours! Yeah, it was so great to run into you at Target! Your family is so cute and growing up SO fast! Bree is so pretty and just so grown up! I can't stand it! Where have the last few years gone? Tell Steve hello for us and tell him
CONGRATS on his graduation! That's so great! He'll be awesome!

krisha said...

I have a really good recipe for pasta salad that has peperoni and the hickory farms (the christmas beef stick). It is so yummy my boys like it.