Sunday, August 31, 2008

My baby is 4!




We celebrated Ryan's birthday on Saturday! I had to work until 1:30, so Steve spent the morning cleaning the house, and picking up the cake and balloons! Good job Mr. Mom! We met Syd at the bowling alley and let the kids bowl a game. Then it was back to our house for presents and (basketball)cake! Ryan loved it when we all sang to him, he just sat there and smiled and acted a little bit shy. After he blew out his candles he said, "This is the best birthday I never had." It was so cute and we all had a good laugh! I can't believe that my baby is 4 years old! I was thinking back to the day that he was born...It was the first time that I'd ever been induced and it was great. Steve and I went to the hospital around 7:00 a.m. and he was born around 11:15 a.m. My doctor guessed that he would be around 7 or 8 lbs., but to all of our surprise out popped a chubby 9.6 pound baby! He seriously looked like he was about 2 months old! He has been our "lil sump" ever since. Today he is so full of personality and thankfully he will still cuddle with me. He gives "cuddle kisses" and "eskimo kisses" and his favorite..."butterfly kisses" I love it! When you ask him how old he is he holds up his "thingers" and says "Four, I got a lot bigger last night." He still sleeps in our bed a lot and Steve and I don't have the heart to fight with him over it. He said the other day that he doesn't want to sleep in our bed anymore because it's getting too squishy! I've been thinking that for a long time!! I love you, my lil peyunkin!

2 comments:

geislers said...

Happy birthday Ryan!! Looks like you had a great one!! we love you.

jared, Courtney, Gabe and Jada

maggie holmes said...

happy birthday ryan!! he is so cute!! i wish we could have been there!