Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 21-22, 2008

I had to get drug tested for my new job and I got stage fright or something and couldn't do it, so we had to go to lunch first and then go back! I was so embarrassed! Ryan wanted to go bowling again, so we went and the lady didn't even make us pay! It's not busy at all in the summer, we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The kids had fun spending their own hard earned money(from the lemonade stand) in the vending machines. Steve, the kids and I all went to Wal Mart to get Ryan a new bike for his early b-day present. We wanted him to have more time to enjoy it while we're having nice weather since his b-day isn't until the end of August. Steve and I went to the pool again on Monday night, but it was a little warm for the hot tub, so we actually got in the pool.
On Tuesday, Steve ran a bunch of errands in the morning, then went to the library to do some studying for his final on Wednesday. I just did a bunch of mommy things:
-drop clothes off at dry cleaners
-Chick Fil A for lunch with kids
-took Bree to Gabby's house to play
-went to Cookie Cutter's to get the boy's hair cut (they loved it!)
-grocery store to pick up pictures and garlic bread to go with Goolosh
-pick up books at library
Later we went to the hot tub again and then Lea and Lisa brought over pizza and we watched Wipe Out.
Bree was giving us a little guilt trip about not having a sleepover yet this summer, so we let her have her cousin, Allie, over for one. They had a ton of fun, but they go to bed so dang late! All the kids slept downstairs until some lightening started and of course Ryan came upstairs because he was a little scared because Allie's house got struck by lightening when we all lived in Arizona.

2 comments:

Niki and Jess said...

Hi Melody! This is Niki Hovanes from middle/high school. It is funny, I found your blog through Wade and Amanda Zoll, then through Katie's blog. Just thought I would say hello! Cute family!

Brooke said...

Wow, Melody, you have been busy posting! I am finally catching up on some blogs. Your blog makes me miss UT summers - it is too hot and humid here! So fun that you are getting to the pool so much. And my hubby and kids share a love for otter pops!!